View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 12:13 PM   #11
ClydeFrog

legal issues/2A rights/veterans...

As posted, from what I know, US service members have limited access to their own firearms/ammunition per unit/CO SOP(company or unit policy).

Now, not every GI follows the rules, , but if a service member is on any medications(which I'd heard approx 28% of combat veterans/active duty troops are) then special concern should be given to them to avoid tragic events like spree shootings(FT Hood Texas) or suicides.
Suicides in the active duty military is not uncommon. While I was deployed to RP(Panama) in the early 1990s, a 0-3/CPT in the US Army(Ordnance Corps) shot himself.

What I personally disagree with is for veterans with mental health issues(PTSD, bi-polar, depression, etc) buying or carrying firearms with special exceptions or policies in some states. I've seen a few articles about the topic.
To me, you can't be "crazy" or "unstable" when you feel like it or "some" of the time. You either have a mental health disorder or you dont. You shouldnt get 100% disability or soc security then say you want a concealed license/firearm.
Common sense & reasoning should be a part of it somewhere.
CF

Page generated in 0.06704 seconds with 8 queries