View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Moloch

Quote:
Remember, that a large part of the fun of these rifles is exactly that trajectory. If they shot flat, there wouldn't be much in it.
Absolutely, if I want a flat shooting gun I'll bring my .300WM. But for me there is no reason to go with a light load that makes the trajectory even worse - thats why I'm not sure if I shouldn't take the .45-90 instead the 45-70, that little etxra power straightens out the trajectory a bit and more power is always more fun - there simply no drawback.

Quote:
Also, expect to spend a fair amount of time working up a load with different powders, compression, lubes and bullets. You will likely want to cast your own, so you can weigh them and throw the porkers back in the pot instead of spending money on them.
I'm an avid muzzle loader shooter, experimenting and finding out what my gun loves is part of the fun!

What powder do you use for your sharps? I've heard from several sources that powder used in cartridge guns should be 1-1.5FG, others say the get best results with 3FG. (Isnt that a little bit too fast?)

Last edited by Moloch; August 8, 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries