View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 10:59 PM   #12
raindog

Have it and carry it daily. Am shortly going to add the CT grips but I don't have them at the moment.

I personally don't find shooting .357 Mag very pleasant in a snub, so I carry .38. I have shot a little +P out of it but not much. I don't recall +P being as bad as others in this thread have said. (On the other hand, I've never found any snub that shot .357 Mag that didn't hurt my hand).

Normal .38? No problem. I went through 100 rounds at the range a couple weeks with it and my hand felt fine.

I like the trigger on it. Of course, keep in mind what it is - a double action trigger on a .38 snub. It's not going to break like a finely tuned 1911 single action trigger, but then again, it doesn't have to. I did not care for the comparable S&W trigger. I found the LCR's trigger to be smoother. Otherwise, the guns are very similar.

I really can't think of any negatives. I wish it had night sights...one reason I'm adding the CT grips. It's very lightweight and ideal for pocket carry (in a pocket holster). Overall I find it to be a very nice carry gun.

I don't carry a speedloader, or any additional ammo, so I can't comment.

One thing I'll mention is that the LCR has a slight "rattle" in the transfer bar. Go to a gun store, pick one up, and you'll see what I mean. It's completely normal. I never notice it unless I'm specifically looking for it.

http://www.ruger.com/service/FAQs.html#Q119

If you're near Portland, Oregon, happy to demo it.

Page generated in 0.02702 seconds with 8 queries