View Single Post
Old July 12, 2000, 12:55 PM   #5
po boy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>clark
sorry to here about your condition, have the doctors been able to tell you what causes this fear of guns and drive to destroy.most weapon owners like to shoot by holding them and not locking them in vices and pulling the trigger with a string.they are well made today and quite safe when used with proper ammo and safe firearms handling,you might send off for the EDDIE EAGLE handbook this may help,once again I,m sorry for your condition and may a cure be found soon,preying for you by for now.. Originally posted by Clark:
The first gun was in 1965. I fell down and got dirt in the barrel of my 12 ga. When I next fired it, the last 6 inches of the barrel peeled like a banana.

The second was 2 months ago. I have more than 10 and less than 100 guns, some of which I will never have time to shoot. So I put a 38 Special in a vice with 357 mag trimmed brass and 357 H110 loads. I got behind something while wearing a motorcycle helemet and pulled the string to the trigger. The gun came flying past my hidding place. When I picked up the gun [followed the string] it was OK but the primer was flattened. I sent pictures to Hodgdon. They said primers are not a good indicator, watch for sticky brass.

To make a long story short: I tried Bullseye, but when I worked up loads from Speer 11 with Blue Dot, I started wrecking guns. I switched to Iver Johnsom 38 S&W break top pistols as I got them for only $40 at gun shows. They were OK with 9mm loads, but with 38 super with Blue Dot, the latch mechanism sretches.

I know another guy who pulls a string too. He uses a video camera. The replay helps find the parts [he does 50 bmg, 20mm and pop can launchers. He builds the guns himself]

Don't try this at home.

[This message has been edited by Clark (edited July 12, 2000).]
[/quote]

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 8 queries