View Single Post
Old October 7, 2009, 12:20 PM   #24
Sturmgewehre

Quote:
I bought a new car, and rather than do that silly "break in", I just fired it up on a cold day and revved it to 7000 rpm for an hour in the garage. If it can't withstand running at redline, right "out of the box", I'm not interested.
You've obviously never been to the Corvette manufacturing plant in Bowling Green, KY. The first time the engine is ever started in all new Vette's, it's immediately driven into a dyno room where it's taken to its max HP, torque and RPM's several times for testing. They don't "break them in" before conducting these tests.

I've owned countless 1911's in my life. Of the few that have been problematic, they all exhibited failures to feed early on. Those that didn't exhibit problems early on went on to fire many thousands of rounds trouble free. The two Kimbers I had were unreliable from round 1 through round 1000, even after trips back to Kimber. Of course getting Denis to take a gun back without you first firing 500 rounds first is like pulling teeth. Many people fire the prescribed 500 rounds only to continue to have feeding problems, which is extremely aggravating.

I've been around the block with 1911's a few too many times and what I'm telling you is from years of experience and from experience with many 1911's from all the top manufacturers. YMMV.

Page generated in 0.06581 seconds with 8 queries