View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1
MercyfulFate

The Beretta 92fs

I had been stuck on wanting to get the Ruger SR9 (possibly SR9c, but leaning towards the full size) until an opportunity to buy the iconic 92fs came up.

A friend of mine was going to buy it but backed out, and his girlfriend's brother is the owner so I got his number and contacted him.

As a point of note you should know I live in Massachusetts, not so much fun for gun owners but it tends to affect prices and such because we can only get "Massachusetts Compliant" guns from FFLs. We can get non-compliant guns from FTF sales, but that's it.

Anyway, I talked to the guy and he's willing to sell me the 92fs, with under 100 rounds fired through it, and 100rds of 9mm ammo for $450. This is what I'd be paying (plus sales tax and ammo costs, so near $500) for the Ruger SR9 from my local gun store.

I've never held or fired the 92fs, so that's the only piece missing. I won't be able to fire it before buying but I'm reading/watching reviews and trying to absorb as much as I can.

Any advice on what to look for/be aware of with the 92fs like, specific issues and such?

Page generated in 0.02139 seconds with 8 queries