View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 08:40 PM   #1
AgentCircus

First Steps: Just purchased an M9A1

Hello all. I just purchased my first gun (Beretta M9A1), and will be picking it up next Saturday. Hopefully you guys can answer some questions:

1. CLEANING/MAINTENANCE.
What type of cleaning kit/supplies should I get? I've been looking at the Hoppe's basic cleaning kit that includes solvent, lubricant, and a wire brush. I also read about their bore snake, which looks like a simple cleaning solution. Should I just get this instead?

2. CHECKING EVERYTHING OUT BEFORE I TAKE DELIVERY.
The salesman at the gun store said that when I pick up the weapon, I need to check and make sure everything is good to go. Their policy is that once the pistol leaves the store, any issues have to be dealt with by Beretta. What am I looking for here? Do I just do a function check? They were completely sold out, so I am buying the display model - it's still new, but I don't know if there are some things to be wary of. I'm fairly new to this.

3. GENERAL NEW GUN OWNER STUFF.
Is there anything else, as a new gun owner, I should do or be aware of? Already started looking for a range bag, eye pro, and hearing pro. Any other essentials I need, whether it's in the form of must-have accessories or even a class suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Page generated in 0.03947 seconds with 8 queries