View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 12:42 PM   #4
carguychris

I think we need to clarify which Russian Mak we're talking about. I'm not sure what the OP means by "classic".

The two basic classes are military and commercial.

The military pistols had a fixed rear sight, red Bakelite grips with stars on both sides and a lanyard loop on the LH side, and no English-language (or Roman alphabet!) markings other than import marks if present. All are single-stack.
Quote:
$300 for a Russian military Mak would be at least $100 - $150 below what they commonly go for.
For your average import-marked specimen- yes. If there are no import marks, I've seen these go for $800+, but unmarked pistols are quite rare.

The second class are commercially imported Maks. Most of these had screw-adjustable rear sights, black rubber grips, and extensive English-language markings. The grips can be changed, and a few had fixed rear sights, but the markings are a dead giveaway. Some are chambered in .380ACP, some are double-stack.

Typical values for a commercial Mak are $200-$250 single-stack and $25-$50 more for double-stack, although the recent buying frenzy may have driven up the price of double-stack pistols with the desirable 12rd mags. (Quite a few of the double-stack pistols were sold with 10-rounders from the original AWB.)

Last edited by carguychris; January 14, 2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: minor reword...

Page generated in 0.02789 seconds with 8 queries