View Single Post
Old December 21, 2008, 08:45 PM   #6
NRAhab

Yes, there are several different competitive classes that you can shoot in using an XD chambered in .45 ACP. Off the top of my head, in IDPA you could shoot it in Enhanced Service Pistol or Custom Defensive Pistol; and in USPSA you could shoot it in Production, Limited, or Limited-10.

Personally, I'd avoid shooting it in Limited or Production for USPSA. In production, everyone else will be running cupcake 9mm loads, and in Limited you're looking at some pretty tricked out guns, usually in .40 S&W. Again, this is all personal preference now - but I'd run it in Limited-10, that way you're not competing against a guy with a 20 round magazine hosing bullets from his .40.

For IDPA, I'd go with Custom Defensive Pistol as your division, and avoid ESP for the same reason I'd avoid Production or Limited in USPSA. Custom Defensive Pistol in IDPA has to be a .45 or other "major" caliber, so your XD will fit in quite nicely. Plus (and again, this is all personal opinion), the XD .45 would be almost tailor fit for the short courses of fire in IDPA, which are never more than 18 rounds.

Again, your mileage may vary.

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 8 queries