View Single Post
Old September 24, 2012, 07:07 PM   #13
BigJimP

I'd do 2 things...

a. take the barrel out of the gun ....and make sure the cartridge drops in and out of the chamber in the barrel easily ...if it sticks going in or out ..then you need to go back and check the specs for the crimp and overall length. You can also do this with a 'case gague' ...

b. recipe you're using is way under any recommendation ...the online manual says 6.4 gr for that bullet...so 5.8gr is probably as low as I would go ...but take another look at your manual ..maybe there was a minimum and a maximum listed. You should never go below the published minimum or over the published maximum.

consult the manual ...and take some dimensions off of commercial ammo with a good caliper / and then take dimensions off of your reloads to see how they compare...

and be careful until you get this all worked out...

Note: I just saw Brians note on 3.5 in the manual ....I'd look at data in other manuals too ...and get some other input. I agree with Brian ...that seems really low...

but I might suggest some other powders as well....in the Hodgdon family of powders ...like Hodgdon Universal is a really good .45 acp powder.

Page generated in 0.02125 seconds with 8 queries