View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 12:31 PM   #29
IDT

Quote:
- Sweet upper receiver. Looks like the Vltor MUR1A
Actually, the upper is a Spikes Tactical Billet Bio-Hazard Upper. And that thing seats PERFECTLY in the Adcor Defense Billet lower - there is ZERO slop between the two, even when you TRY to twist them.

Quote:
- that YHM handguard looks kinda odd. I would've gone with a skinnier one like Noveske NSR or MidWest Industries Gen2 SS handguards, but that is personal choice from my own experiences. But if you like it, its fine.
The photos on the handguard are deceiving. I just tossed the micrometer on them and they are only a 2" diameter (where the rails aren't) which is only .5" larger than the Noveske and the Midwest. I detest the look of the Noveske guard as the slots look like little penises... The midwest design just wasn't doing for me either. And it doesn't have the front side rails either.

Quote:
- Obviously the mag your using. Not sure what kind that is, but I always use Pmags and Lancers. As long as you don't have problems with them, then have at it.
The mag is from TangoDown and is the ARC 30 mag. Might not be as popular as the Pmags - but they work flawlessly for me and I find them, due to the straight upper part, to be easier and quicker to insert on mag changes.

Quote:
- Overall that would seem to be a heavy rifle. I know that UBR stock adds some weight, plus the longer rail and suppressor. For a 5.56 that probably weighs as much as a AR10. But I'm sure it is a solid rifle anyway. Have you weighed the entire rifle yet?
It is a bit on the heavy side when compared to light weight AR-15s. It weighs in at 9.8 with the suppressor. However, this isn't a patrol rifle, and I'm not on patrol. The furthest distance I may carry this is onto the lower part of my farm when I hunt coyotes. And I have the Magpul MS3 sling which is fantastic. The UBR stock helps to maintain balance, and while this may be too heavy for the the gamer guns, it sits right for me. I was an M-60 gunner for 12 years, so as long is it is under 23 pounds, I'm a happy camper. Besides, personally, I have an easier time shooting and stabilizing a heaver weapon than I can a very light one.

Page generated in 0.02741 seconds with 8 queries