View Single Post
Old November 4, 2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Patriot86

Three Sacramento Sheriff's busted for sale of "illegal" handguns

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,4218243.story

Quote:
Three Sacramento Sheriff's deputies who work at the Rio Consumnes Facility are under investigation by ATF for alleged sales of illegal firearms.
Quote:
This is what the investigation entails. Officers are allegedly buying handguns that only law enforcement officers can buy here in California.

That's because civilians can only buy the guys that have 10 bullets per magazine. Officers can buy the firearms that have more than 10 - like 12, 15, and 17 bullets per magazine, sources tell FOX40

Unless true "criminals" were involved in this case, by that I mean gang members and the like I think this is another example of the extremes people will go to inorder to get around insane gun restrictions and bans.

Q though for Cali experts: Are semi-auto's sold in California modified so they cannot accept "high capacity" magazines or is it simply that they are sold with a maximum 10 round magazine? If they are simply unmodified firearms sold with 10 round magazines I can think of much easier ways to get around this law than going through a local LEO.

Last edited by Patriot86; November 4, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 9 queries