View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 03:14 PM   #23
jmstr

Quote:
and "if it is a semi, carry it condition 3".
Hmm, I forgot about that. This was one of the things I remember reading when you debated the Glock way back in the day.

With that clause, I have to give a word of caution: The Baby Eagle/Jericho and/or CZ will not be quite as easy to do the 'Israeli carry drill' with. That is the term I've been taught for carrying condition 3 and learning to rack the slide AS you draw the weapon, while bringing it up on target.

It will not be impossible, or even REALLY difficult [unless it is winter and you are wearing gloves], but it will be noticeably different and a hint more awkward.

The BE/Jericho has the slide rails on the inside of the frame. Thus the only real 'raised' section to grab for me was the rear sight. I am in southern California [sort of]. It is warm. I don't use gloves with my guns: no need. I can see myself fumbling to rack the slide if I had them on in an emergency. Heck, I could see myself doing that if my hands were sweaty on a warm day too.

CZ has the same design, and thus the same problem.

Glock has slide rails on the outside of the frame. Thus the slide 'hangs over' the frame and is easier to get a quick/good grip on for chambering a round while bringing the handgun up on point.

Again, this is NOT impossible with the BE/Jericho design. The Israeli's used to teach their IDF to do this carry back in the 80s, but it isn't 20 degrees below there very often either. [so I've been told: carry wise, not temp.]

If you haven't considered this, be sure you do.

I personally would still go the CZ route over a Glock due to the pointability, but I'd spend a LOT of time practicing quick draw/chamberings with and without gloves.

Glocks are very good! I have one. I have a LOT of other types, as one Glock meets my desire to be fair. It has NO problems, other than my body thinking the grip angle/thickness are wrong.

Glock corp would say that is an issue with my grey matter: not the gun.

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries