View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 01:01 PM   #11
FLChinook

Quote:
Give us more details re condition of gun, barrel length, box, etc.
Yes, I should have given more details. I'm looking for a 4" in good enough condition that I can shoot it (mostly at the range but some carrying around my property) without ever having to worry about it giving problems. Obviously, any 66-0 is about 35 years old and there's a wide range in ones well-used and ones not well-used. So I would expect a wide range in price/value.

I've seen some highly polished guns at a higher cost but I'm not so interested in the exterior look so long as the gun locks up tight and has good, crisp rifling. It's hard to assess that from a distance without paying for a gun promised to be "little used".

Theres one on GunBroker now in a display box (which I do not want) that looks very clean but is $755. This gun has been offered for awhile and started at $820...

PS. I recently asked my local gun dealer (The Gun Doctor, Longview, TX). He had nothing and had not had a 66 in a long time. He looked it up in his computer network of other dealers and could not find one anywhere in whatever range he was using.

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries