View Single Post
Old October 31, 2001, 01:00 PM   #14
JohnDog

I agree with Art, after a few encounters with mountain lions over the years, you realize that you're not the only one out huntin' in the woods.

The funniest I was being hunted story that happened to me was on a Mule deer hunting trip about 15 years ago. I was hunting a big basin that had a lot of scurb oak, when I came on a bunch of cows. These were wild range cows, that might see a cowboy 2 or 3 times a year. This one old cow took a big dislike to me and started chasing me around and through a patch of scrub oak! This da*% cow wanted my a$$ hooked on one of it's horns! It would chase me for a minute, stand there and eye me, and then circle the oak patch and come at me again. It was like I was in a bullring. I bounced a branch off it's head, which only made it charge further into the oak patch. Well enough was enough, and I fired a warning shot into the air. I think it finally figured out that I wasn't a bear or something, and I was pi$$ed off enough that the next shot was going to be into the cow. It took off downhill towards the other cows, and I decided that I needed to be in another basin.

I still get grief from my cousins (it was a family hunting trip) whenever I'm with them and we spot a cow! "Look John - it's a cow - Run Away! Run Away!"

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries