View Single Post
Old August 17, 2010, 08:30 AM   #32
GunsForSale.com

For what its worth, I've been a cop for more than 10 years. In that time, I've dealt with a lot of violent offenders under the influence of drugs/alcohol. PCP only once, but lots on meth and crack.

These guys can take more physical damage than would seem rationally possible. Guys with a broken leg running on it for example.

Mas Ayoob documented one such case in "Stressfire II: Advanced Combat Shotgun." NYPD encountered a heroin addict in an armed robbery. The armed assailant was shot at less than seven yards with 12 gauge "00" buck (9 pellets) in the chest. The subject then began running and was struck a second time with 9 more 00 pellets, this time in the back. The subject still did not go down.

Another officer firing a .38 Special, loaded with 148 grain wadcutters(!), struck the guy in the butt, breaking the pelvis. Only then did the guy go down.

But the fight still wasn't over. The offender pushed himself up and pointed his gun at one of the officers again. Again, 9 pellets of 00 buck struck the offender in the torso.

The offender dropped his gun, but continued to crawl away. He later died of his wounds.

My take-away on this one? Any drug can make an attacker almost superhuman, as this heroin addict absorbed 27 00-buck pellets plus a .38 round before he was no longer a threat. Considering a non-expanding 9mm round isn't much bigger than a 00-buck pellet, how many times would you have had to shoot this guy with a pistol before he was no longer a threat?

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries