View Single Post
Old April 10, 2012, 07:49 PM   #21
dacaur

Quote:
As for powder throwers I would only ever use them to roughly dispence powder & top up with a trickler on the beam scale!!
They are way to inacurate in my opinion!!!!
I guess that depends on what you consider "accurate"..... I use a lee perfect powder measure to consistently get 3/4 - 1 moa out of my savage edge, a bottom rung rifle.... Thats accurate enough for anything I'm going to do... Is it "match" accuracy? maybe not, but then, neither is my rifle, or bullets for that matter (hornady sst). plus I use a lee FCD, so you KNOW I dont shoot matches, right?

My handloads using thrown charges are certainly more accurate than any of the factory stuff my dad or brother shoot.....

Speaking of "factory" most if not all factory "match" ammo is done by volume, not weight....

Many matches have been won by people throwing charges with a measure, even beating out people weighing every charge.

Weighing every charge is overrated. If you are unable to be consistent enough to get your powder measure to throw consistent charges, thats not the fault of the powder measure.... An expensive and/or slow fix is a scale and trickler, a cheap and easy one is to learn to be consistant. double tap up, double tap down, get a powder baffle and keep the hopper filled to the same level.... I use a scale and trickler for load development only... (ok i dont have a real trickler, I use a spoon to trickle, lol)

Page generated in 0.02531 seconds with 8 queries