View Single Post
Old July 23, 2005, 05:58 PM   #13
Sum1_Special

Maybe it's just me, but I detect a bit of gun snobbery and caliber hating in this thread. Why would you not trust this round more than a 9mm? Is it the high velocity or the fact it is a communist round? This caliber is certainly more powerful than 9mm, its ballistics are closer to 40 S&W with more knockdown power.

I have a Cz-52, and before buying it a few years ago i did tons of research on both the pistol and caliber. I've also done quite a bit of experimentation, I could hit a tree at 300 yards away with it. It's like a miniature rifle, which is exactly what was in mind when the czechoslovakians manufactured this pistol, hence the bottlenecked cartridge and roller locking mechanism.

To say a handgun is not powerful is plain stupid. Maybe not when you compare it to a rifle... but on its own it certainly is powerful. Why the hell do you, or police for that matter, carry a handgun? Because it is a weak and inferior weapon? I have a CZ-52 and i have a Mosin Nagant Model 1891/30, it is war issue. The bullet it shoots is a 200 grain long, thin spitzer boat tail that will slice through the human body like a paper target, leaving a tiny hole. A 7.62x25 will do the exact same thing, and it is semi automatic. What would be more useful in a close combat situation?

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries