View Single Post
Old February 9, 2000, 05:26 PM   #11
Skorzeny

Gopher/John:

Man, I agree with you fully. If I had to choose one art/system, it would be either BJJ or Shooto.

I also agree that kicking/punching/trapping ranges tend to be crossed quickly in a real fight. People tend to crash through those rather quickly.

You know what was really funny? I saw an altercation on TV between a anti-Castro guy and a Cuban baseball ref/umpire on a baseball field somewhere. The Cuban charged the impromptu demonstrator. Both took a couple of swings at each other, but the Cuban tackled the demonstrator in a short order. The anti-Castro guy headlocked him (looked like the guillotine choke!) and then the Cuban took him down, before others broke them up. For a moment there, it looked like a NHB match!

It was funny for me to see some guys (who, no doubt, have absolutely no NHB training) instinctively use techniques that resembled BJJ techniques.

BTW: Where do you train in BJJ?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries