View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 11:10 AM   #36
LewSchiller

Quote:
Her choice of carry pistol is the P238. That pistol has come up several times already in this thread, and the folks at my local range/LGS say that it is one of the most popular choices by women. My wife feels like it gives her a good combination of concealability with ease and accuracy of shooting. I would rather she carry a larger caliber, but she made an informed choice and she is definitely better off with a .380 than she is unarmed.
Bravo! She found what was right for her, she carries it and you recognize the value in that. So many guys issue their female SO's a weapon then complain that they don't use or carry it.

If you're wife/GF is on the fence about carrying do yourself a favor and get her a copy of Kathy's book - The Cornered Cat. Available in print or Kindle. It has very little to do with obtaining a permit. It has everything to do with living with a permit and the whole topic of taking personal responsibility for one's safety.

After reading that book she may decide against it but it'll be a well informed decision that's right for her.

Page generated in 0.02116 seconds with 8 queries