View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 11:37 AM   #21
kraigwy

Manchin was on Fox news and tried to assure us this bill no way affects lawful gun use. He then directs us to his site for us to read the bill.

I did, the part that jumps out at me (page 21-24), all transactions much go through a license dealer.

It does not specify temporarily or permanent, just says transfer.

How about "loaning" a firearm to someone?????

For example, I conduct a ladies Safety and Firearms class every week. I recommend the ladies don't buy a gun until they've tried several so myself and others in the gun club bring a variety of firearms for these ladies and see what fits them.

So, as I read the bill, I have to go through a FFL to loan a firearm (transfer) to one of my students.

I live near a small town, the local FFL charges $35 per transfer, which is fair considering the paperwork involved.

So as I read the bill, I have to pay $35 to transfer the gun to the student, who has to pay $35 go get the gun from the FFL, then go through the same thing to get my gun back. That's $140 per student per week.

Same thing happens if I load a rifle to my neighbor to go hunting.

Now I'm no lawyer, I'm basing this on my reading of the law, I may be wrong but I'll continue urging my Senators to vote against this bill.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries