View Single Post
Old June 16, 2008, 10:57 PM   #51
1911Gurl

I have to side with PBP on this one. And it's not just gay guys who do it either. Being a girl who was brought up in a family that stresses self awareness and self defense I have caught guys doing the same thing #20fan has described. The first few times it freaked me out enough to take action. And seeing as I wasn't old enough to carry yet that meant I had to look for help with one hand on my pepper spray or knife depending on which one I had at the moment. As it turned out then and still does today, it's always a guy who's too nervous to talk to me in front of other people. I can only imagine how a gay guy must feel approaching a stranger in public. As a matter of fact one of my best friends since kindergarten is a gay man and he "cruises" just like that. He does it so much I worry for his safety sometimes. And no, I don't let my guard down when this happens to me, I don't talk to anyone unless it's in a well lit public place. If they're nervous they'll just have to get over it if they want to talk. And I always have a gun very close at hand now just in case the guy turns out to be not so nice. But I still would recommend keeping an eye on anyone who does this in case it's just a crook who's too stupid to stay hidden. Erin

Page generated in 0.03084 seconds with 8 queries