View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 01:11 PM   #22
WW2

Read about CAR here...

You can read about CAR here; rather than me trying to explain it.

http://www.civilianarmstraining.com/...:fp-rokstories

From 15 yards out you are basically in a near Weaver stance. As you get closer you are more and more bladed. When at contact distance you a in a fully bladed position. Basically for a right handed shooter this brings the gun to eye level with your head turned nearly 90 degrees to the left and the gun above and to the right of your left shoulder. See the pictures in the link above for a better understanding. For left handed shooting it is the reverse. One great advantage I found is for cross eye dominance; my dominant left eye is lined up with the sights and the right eye is blocked by my right hand. When changing to shoot left handed, my RIGHT eye is aligned with the sights and my left (dominant) eye is blocked by my left hand. Thus I do not need to close one eye with shooting. I have found that my accuracy is just as good as with a traditional Weaver stance.

Also, this method helps with weapon retention in contact distances. It is just one more method in my arsenal not the only method I use.

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.02037 seconds with 8 queries