View Single Post
Old April 30, 2008, 12:09 AM   #1
ELMOUSMC

Coyote Attack(almost)

I went out early this morning,first time it hasn't rained or snowed in 2 weeks.One of my neighbors had a yearling calf drown in the creek that runs down our valley(swept into a flood gate) he had to drag it out for the insurance man to do a neacropscy on it.I set up on some round bales about 70 yds off and was using my Varmint Als El Cheapo call.The steer was already gutted and was get ripe so my scent was covered.It only took about 5 minutes and 2 yote's came at a dead run.I had my Hornet and at about 75 yds I fired at the 1 in the lead I pulled the shot and hit him in the neck(not fatality),Most times the sound of a gun shot puts them in afterburner and their gone these 2 turned right towards me and kept comming My Hornet is a single shot and I hadn't reloaded,I grabbed my Mossberg 20 Ga and a load of #4 buck took out 1 at about 15 yds the other 1 turned and at about 35 yds the Mossberg claimed him.I have hunted and called Song dogs for better than 10 years and have NEVER had anything like that happen before,I was in clear sight and they still came at me.All I can say is thank you Mossberg and Federal. ELMOUSMC

Page generated in 0.02917 seconds with 8 queries