View Single Post
Old May 26, 2000, 05:03 AM   #12
Hal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hueco:
Right, so I *can* use the CCI or the Winchesters on that load? I just want to be 110% sure.

Hueco
[/quote]

To be 110% sure, I would load to 90%. Every, and I mean every change should be a new beginning. A while back, I worked up a load for the .44magnum. It was below the listed max by +10%. I switched over to a Lee factory crimp die, while keeping the same bullet, brass, powder, powder charge,, OAL,,,etc. Everything was the same. I dropped the starting point almost 1 grain of 2400 when I made the switch. I loaded 5 rounds as a test, took them to the range and fired them in the same gun (Winchester 94 Trapper). All 5 had flattened primers.(sign of excess pressure).
Ever since then I have become *very anal* about things reloading. I fire only one round out of each batch I load, then eyeball it very, very, very carefully before I fire the next round. If both look and work OK, then I fire the rest of the batch. This is when using the same components, but loading on different days and such. I'm going blind fast enough, don't need to hurry things along

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries