Thread: load tests
View Single Post
Old June 11, 2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Longshot4

load tests

I have a bit of a age tremor (shake) to deal with at the bench. This is where my old machine rest comes into play. Yesterday I went to the range and forgot the rest. so I used a couple blankets as rests. My grouping was a real challenge to control. I had lots of fliers out to As much as 2". Although I was testing for 3 different 50 gr. Polymer tip bullets. Nosler, Hornadys and Sierra BlitzKing. I shot 15 rounds each. The Nosler were at aprox. 2", Hornady at about 1.5" and Blitz were at a inch. With two tight clusters. The loads were also with OACL variations off from .010 to full contact on lands. The Blitz had a noticeable higher resistance when closing the bolt. The Hornady and Noslers I didn't feel the high resistance. So I am guessing that I didn't make full contact with lands. I have plans to pickup a pocket uniformed then continue tests with my machine rest. Oh how I missed the good rest. My next loads will be with the Blitz and with contact to lands. I think the rest should shrink the groups down to about 0.5"< Report to continue. I am curious on what you think about my methods of testing these loads?

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries