View Single Post
Old August 18, 2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Tom Servo
Staff

Much better. I'd suggest dropping the second paragraph altogether, as you make your point well and factually in the third. Furthermore, don't stoop to criticizing the opposition. Assert that the facts speak for themselves, and that you are in the right.

Consider:

I find myself deeply concerned for the safety and security of our 2nd Amendment rights. I am also troubled by the recent wave of gun control bills being brought forth for legislation.

Restrictions and bans on magazines, carry licensing, online sales of ammunition, and semi-automatic firearms will have absolutely no impact in stopping a committed person from carrying out a plan. In these cases, none of the proposed measures would have changed a thing....nor will they do so in the future.

[You might want to point out that the Assault Weapons Ban had no measurable effect on crime, and that there was no increase in crime following its expiration]

An overwhelming number of gun owners and licensed carriers are honest, law-abiding citizens, and are voters who exercise discretion, reason, compassion, and an aversion to force unless necessary to defend life. These are the people who will be adversely affected.

The most important focal point is the protection of life. Restrictions on the 2nd Amendment restrict, and even criminalize, the protection of life. Please stand by all of us who believe life is worth defending by opposing any action against the 2nd Amendment. The majority of America is behind you.

Page generated in 0.03945 seconds with 8 queries