View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1

Experiment complete

I posted this in the BP section and now moving the rest of the story to "The Hunt" cause the target killing is over and the deer hunting began.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507378

I took the new set up to Bad Axe, Michigan (the heart of the thumb in lower Michigan). I was hunting over a 40 acre food plot.....sort of.... near an adjacent woods. I ended up shooting an doe about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. The heart shot at 80-90 yards was exactly where I aimed. However, she didn't bleed much after I turned off her pumper. Immediately after the shot, we had all forms of precipitation you could have. First, small little hard snow pellets spitting, then big flakes, then rain, and finally freezing rain. My buddy and I were texting back and forth and he kept saying to leave her lay and we would deal with her after shooting time. I stayed the course until 5:00 when I told myself, "Go get on this deer while there is still daylight because the weather is compromising the sign." I made the right choice. The sign was hard to follow but I knew which run she had used to cut back in to the woods. I walked in and went about 20 yards without seeing any blood and was starting to freak when I looked up and saw her about 30 yards away. Now as far as the food plot, my buddy's cousin planted 40 acres of white radishes for a winter over crop and will plow them under in the spring. That's right radishes. Well let me tell you, the deer love the green tops the most but you could see the bite marks on the larger exposed radishes poking out of the soil. Take a look at the pics in my previous thread that I posted to the BP and take a look at how green the radish tops are. Sorry no pics of the doe but she was nothing special anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img837.jpg (137.2 KB, 52 views)

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 9 queries