View Single Post
Old February 18, 2012, 01:26 AM   #46
LockedBreech

I'm one of the bigger Beretta cheerleaders on TFL. I love their guns. The 92 series is my personal idea of handgun perfection, and I trust the PX4 sitting on my nightstand as I type this completely. That said, the Nano I remain lukewarm. Here are my reasons, for what they're worth:

First, my LCP has spoiled me horribly. It was my first carry pistol, so to me very few pistols are true "pocket" pistols. I can cart Elsie into the most gun-hostile social settings, wearing Wranglers or dress slacks, with an extra magazine to boot and never get made.

Second, the gun is having ammo issues. Apparently the first-run springs are a bit stiff, and on some guns only hot loads will cycle the Nano reliably.

Third, there are just other guns doing it better. The LC9 is a more slender shaped option with a great track record, and for a true "slim nine", the PPS continues to receive glowing reviews as the apex predator of the slim nine ecosystem.

I love Beretta, truly a quality arms maker which produces trustworthy and solid guns with a flair for style. They've always struggled with subcompacts, though, and the Nano is so far, sadly, not an exception.

Page generated in 0.03454 seconds with 8 queries