View Single Post
Old March 23, 2001, 11:34 AM   #9
Master Blaster

I am also new to reloading and I faced the same decision you did a few months ago. I chose the Dillon 550b and I have loaded abot 2000 rounds 400.38 spl,400.357mag, and 1200 .45acp. I have found the Dillon easy to set up and use it has a very accurate powder measure, and it holds all of the die settings well in the toolhead whcih makes changing calibers a snap. The dillon also can use any standard thread dies not sure about Hndy. The primer feed is excellent and reliable and I understand that the Hornady essentially copied the primer feed. I would question the continued accuracy of the Hornady die bushing set up, as it is not proven like the tool head. The Dillon has many years of history and reliability to recommend it, but the auto indexing, and the fifth station feature is very nice on the hornady.
It is the long term durrability and accuracy which is an unknown factor for Hornady. You may want to consider spending a bit more for the dillon 650, or getting one used if you want 5 stations and auto index.

Just my 2cents

Page generated in 0.02764 seconds with 8 queries