View Single Post
Old June 20, 2009, 11:51 AM   #99
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
I can't believe that a gun oriented site like this attracts sooooo many pacifists.
Pacifists? How about persons who elect to not assume the risks of getting hurt or killed (not to rehash getting prosecuted or sued) over an item of property that can be replaced?

Some time back, a guy in Texas heard someone doing something around his trailer and went outside with a shotgun to investigate. The perp had a knife.

No, the citizen was not charged or tried for any kind of unlawful act.

He was overcome by an accomplice, stabbed, disarmed, shot, and maimed, and can no longer work as an airline mechanic.

Every single recommendation I've seen from anyone on this forum with a law enforcement background and anyone whom I know to have taken force-on-force training, with one exception that I can recall, is to not go outside at night or at any other time to handle miscreants. Too much risk of ambush. Same thing regarding "clearing a house."

The exception? Well, it came from the OP. However, as much as I respect Bill in California, the pics he posted of his residential layout made it look to me like an ideal place to be accosted and hurt, and others far more qualified than I by virtue of their training and experience pointed that out.

All downside, very little potential upside, IMHO.

Quote:
Calling the police and video taping is basically doing nothing.
Not if it works and keeps you from getting hurt, killed, or paying for a lawyer.

Page generated in 0.03793 seconds with 8 queries