View Single Post
Old November 4, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
GaryG

Did the USMC HRP (High Risk Personnel) course at Quantico (if this is the one you are going to). Did it a loooong time ago, tho (1992), before going on a JUSMAG tour to the Philippines.

Yes, it was a blast (literally). One example, to get us used to the shotgun, the staff took us out into a field with a big bag of shotgun shells, and had us empty the whole thing - - firing & loading as fast as we could as he slung clay pidgeons downrange. Sure felt that in the shoulder muscles for a couple of days.

Shot a lot of 9mm, too (Glock 17s or 19s, dont remember - - this was before I was really "into" guns). I do remember that I had a BUNCH of stovepipe jams - - about one per 50rd box of ammo. The NCO instructor leaned over to me once and said he'd never buy one of these for his personal use. That really stuck in my mind, knowing Glock's reputation for reliability. No idea what their maintenance program was, so take that with a grain of salt.

Side note, when I got to the Philippines, the Dept of State (DOS) security had MP5s - - the JUSMAG staff all got a chance to fam fire them. Really cool.

Page generated in 0.03826 seconds with 8 queries