View Single Post
Old July 22, 2000, 03:43 PM   #3
Badger Arms

I am an unfailingly devoted Ithaca Fan. I will say that it has features that make it a bit difficult for some situations which I'll explain here.

1) There is no "loading port" as on your 870 style guns. By that, I mean you have to load the shells into the magazine and then cycle them into the chamber. This means Trap and Skeet involve a few more steps and a little more forethought.

2) The DSII will lower the hammer on a chambered round when you hold the trigger down while cycling the gun. On older guns, it will discharge if pressure is kept on the trigger while cycling. IMHO, this is a virtue for a self-defense gun with proper training. The DSII requires that you remove your finger from the trigger before cycling or you might not get that follow-up shot.

3) Being a lightweight gun, it kicks harder.

That having been said, the vrirtues of the gun are tremendous. Because the barrel is fixed and free-floated, you get excellent accuracy. The solid receiver is weatherproof and great for lefties as it ejects downwards. I'd love a stainless steel version myself.

Page generated in 0.02818 seconds with 8 queries