View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 04:48 PM   #14
dahermit

Quote:
Great craftsmanship in leather. Thanks for posting not only the flap holster process but your other holster projects.
I have made many other holsters that I do not have pictures of, plus pouches, cell phone carriers, knife sheaths, and calculator pouches over the years. Making one's own leather stuff results in a lot of satisfaction, but I would not suggest starting that Hobby as a business...you cannot possibly make a profit when competing with the manufactures who buy the leather and supplies at bulk prices, turn-out holsters on machines that stamp out the holsters in presses and sew them on commercial sewing machines. If one divides hours to make into price minus tools and materials, one ends up with a negative number. Mine are mostly for my own guns, and given away as gifts. I have sold a few on Ebay at nominal prices (less than cost), but even when someone shows enough interest to request a custom made holster, they do not want to pay any more than what they saw them go for when I listed them to gage interest. In short, a lot of interest, but not much willing cash.

Page generated in 0.02791 seconds with 8 queries