View Single Post
Old February 9, 2012, 07:24 PM   #17
GWS

Quote:
Are you guys sure the press is an RCBS? The color looks more of a blue than a green. The color in the other pictures are clear.
I can verify that the press is a '70's era Rock Chucker and appears in good condition. RCBS's color then was a lighter green with a very flat sheen. That flat paint doesn't photograph well. In the late seventies, RCBS changed their color to what you see on the powder measure. It has a more glossy sheen and is a bit darker green, with lightly sponged silver over the surface. So the measure is a bit newer than the press. The early Uniflow powder measures had Uniflow deeply engraved on the rim just below the powder bin (even with the later paint). I don't see that so its either newer than that, or the engraving is on the other side. The scale is a lot newer...they didn't have digitals when that press was made. Quality? The old Rock Chuckers are ever bit as good as the new ones....some say better.

If I was a buyer, I'd want to know if you have the primer feeder parts to the press that aren't shown in the picture. Also the other sized drum and stem for the Uniflow Powder measure.

Last edited by GWS; February 9, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.04294 seconds with 8 queries