View Single Post
Old May 23, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Sarge

Shot a Public Defender today....

The fivegun, not the lawyer

I had some preconceived notions, most of which were incorrect. It scattered birdshot all over a B27 at 15 yards, but plenty good for snakes at 10 feet. It patterned 000 buck or PDX close enough to keep 'em on the head at that distance. From about 20 yards, I could shoot hand-size groups using my standard W231/250 RNFP 45 Colt load. There were three of us shooting it so I couldn't really shoot it for groups. I think if I perfected my hold, I could squeeze out 3-4 inches at 25 yards with 45 Colts.

Everybody loved the grip except me and I thought it needed to be firmer- or wood. I could feel the gun squirm around in the grips when I fired it. Recoil with the souped-up 410 loads was noticeable but not disconcerting. It spit a little and I didn't like that.

Surprisingly, the trigger wasn't half bad.The fiber optic sight was easy to pick up for quick shots but disconcerting for precise shooting... the fiber optic rod is half obscured when using a normal sight picture. Otherwise it shot a tad high. The sight is dovetailed in so you could experiment a little.

Overall, I liked it. Another friend has the 3" model and offered it for a test drive.

Page generated in 0.03782 seconds with 8 queries