View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 09:53 AM   #11
kwalityguy

Being 'shot down' by your own political party to me only means that you are an independent thinker and don't just parrot the party line. This is a big problem with Congress and why you see so many 55-0 Dem votes and 0-45 Rep votes. You can't tell me that these clever buggers can't craft legislation that garners a even a token amount of votes from the opposite side.

I also am more forgiving of 'rookie' missteps for a first time guy, 3 months into his job. Joe on the other hand has been a politician since 1973 when Cruz was only 3 years old. We are talking 40 years! Biden should know how to keep his foot out of his mouth but either he doesn't have a clue how he comes across or doesn't give a darn.

Another interesting tidbit is to see how stingy Biden is with his own earnings (I.e., charitable giving) and how freely he's willing to spend OUR money (crazy trips to lavish hotels, supporting more government spending, raising taxes...). I wouldn't mind paying more taxes after I know they are spending my money wisely. So far I don't see too much effort to eliminate waste and improve government efficiency.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries