View Single Post
Old April 29, 2009, 09:13 PM   #12
gmatov

Nate,

You married a Younger what? A younger than you girl? Sorry, but could not pass that by.

I don't think the BP community, per se, looks up to anyone. Why would you, or we? The firearms of the day you seem to be asking about were the best they could attain. They were no more heroes for what they did with the firearms available to them than today's gunhandlers are when they do something "heroic".

I say that because we have cops with 15 shot semis, 3 or more of them, shooting at the same perp, and they shoot 40 or more rounds at a stationary target, that poor fool who looks like he's dangerous, and they hit him 7 to 10 times. From FIVE YARDS!!!

Back in the day, look to the Gunfight at the OK Corral, samey same. 30 shooters and hundreds of rounds shot and what was the outcome? Half a dozen shot.

Same in a saloon fight. Draw and shoot and after 3 shots no one can see any one to shoot at. They keep shooting, and at the end, 2 guys got a thumb or toe shot off.

I don't look up to many people. They are mostly ordinary. You don't NEED heroes. Did you not WANT them, we might not have ALL the doping the athletes have been doing, etc. We need 1800 homeruns to be hit sometime in the future, because records are made to be broken?

And, be they druggies, screw'm, them I would look DOWN on, NOT up.

Shooters, if that is your point, be careful what you look for. You may find your hopes dashed. Often the real deal is less than the story you have heard.

I DO like "Quigley Down Under", Tom Selleck. "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin.

No heroes. They all had feet of clay.

Cheers,

George

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries