View Single Post
Old April 9, 2008, 12:29 AM   #69
Socrates

JBBooks:
What do you think of the cases cited in the law review article, previous? What state do you work in, and, what are the laws in your state?
How old are you, and, what's your bar number?

Hi Mas. I'm trying to get some civilized loads for the .500 Max if you ever come out...

Nice to have both of you posting here. The combination of your knowledge brings up a point I've thought of for a long time: DON'T HAVE A HOME DEFENSE, OR CCW GUN, IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. Have a gun designed for some sort of recreation, hunting, what ever, and, if forced, the only thing you had was the ....etc...

I don't have a gun for home defense. I have hunting pistols, rifles, and that's it. I target shoot, and hunt, and, that's ALL I do. If someone breaks in, I make do with what I can reach, period.

I find the statistical likelyhood of a home defense, or SD scenario is so low, that it really doesn't justify owning one. I enjoy the mental development, and knowledge developed from the study of firearms, and, the observational value of the effects of different calibers. My main concern is being able to see the bullet hole in the target, when I shoot it.

I've often thought the most likely argument is that a SD shotgun is more likely to be attacked then a hunting rifle, or some other form of weapon, used, since what else do you do with your HD shotgun? Can't target shoot at our range with it, etc.

That said, keep in mind that folks in Louisiana, probably the most property defense friendly state, law wise, in the union, had some scum sucking police officer that won't return weapons taken during Katrina, and, even though an elected official, a DA that won't
enforce the laws he swore by oath to uphold on taking office, and, insure the property is returned to the states citizens. More impeachments, civil charges filed against government employees that fail to follow the law need to be filed...

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 8 queries