View Single Post
Old February 16, 2007, 10:04 AM   #45
rem33

Quote:
What if the wolves were to eat the tree huggers? Be glad you have wolves instead of coyotes, which reproduce much faster and are not territorial
Yellowfin you don't understand, we have more than enough coyotes. Wolves are spreading over at least 3 states now and will the whole northwest if not checked.Our fish and game Dept's had IMO done a great job on the deer and elk herd's. Now in areas we are losing more than 90% of the elk calves to the wolf population. Wolfs have no natural enemies here, and game animal populations have been managed to where the wolf has so much food so easy for them to get food it's population is exploding.
If memory serves they released about 60 of them, with a target population of around 300. We now have in excess of 1200 and some estimates quite a bit higher and the hunting is beginning to suffer. I have heard in some areas game population are severely suffering.
I am a hunter not a wolf watcher. I live here and it irritates many here that because some one that lives hundreds if not thousands of miles away who will never see a wolf near their back yard, like I have, are responsible for our hunting being quickly ruined, just so they can know we have wolves in the lower 48.

We have environmentalists here like everywhere but the vast majority of the population is not happy with this wolf situation. No one in the last couple of years I have spoke with about it are in favor of them. The wolf has few friends here in Idaho IMO

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries