View Single Post
Old March 19, 2008, 06:30 PM   #9
berkmberk1

What did you get? New or used?

I too am looking at a low budget. Right now its one cartridge gun - .45 and a cap and ball .44. The rifle is going to cost no matter what! As for the shotgun, personally I think they ought to eliminate it or add it as an "extra point". To me it seems an entirely useless waste of ammo. At the matches I've been to its basically an exercise in how fast you can load and unload a shotgun without ejectors! If they are going to use them, there ought to be one provided by the club or organization sponsoring the shoot. How many "cowboys" owned much less toted a shotgun except for very special occasions......guard duty on a coach or at a mine, deputy duty, where the gun wasn't probably supplied on a loaner basis?

I would rank their presence at a match as right up there with a silk neckerchief and slide, and spurs......they add to the ambaince but nothing practical to the event itself.........just my opinion y'all.

Ok..........BLAST ME..........

Page generated in 0.03093 seconds with 8 queries