View Single Post
Old February 18, 2005, 08:59 PM   #78
JohnKSa
Staff

Frank,

You posted: "How many people who are in the business of killing ... would prefer the ... .30 carbine over the .30-06?"

I gave you an example of a person who was given a rather impressive citation for being (among other things) very good at killing people and who preferred the .30 Carbine over the .30-06.

Mr. Murphy was certainly experienced enough to know the difference between shooting a person with the .30-06 and the .30 Carbine. And yet, in many situations he chose to use the .30 Carbine.

Your post implied that an experienced killer would never consider using the .30 Carbine round when the .30-06 was available, but that is obviously not true as evidenced by Mr. Murphy's use of the .30 Carbine.

You said: "The argument was about bullets and stopping power, not about what was a better gun for different situations."

If I read your objection right, you are saying that the .30 Carbine was superior enough in other ways that it made up for what you seem to feel is a severe "lack of caliber superiority." If that is what you intend to say, then you have made my point for me quite adroitly. Every firearm and caliber has many characteristics. To narrowly focus on one or two parameters (e.g. bullet diameter) is to be blind to the true situation.

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 8 queries