View Single Post
Old September 14, 2005, 04:19 PM   #10
RWK

Well, Doug, I am almost twice your 30-year-old age limitation, but I hope you will not mind my adding a personal thought or two. I generally carry large (Smith N Frames in.357 magnum, .45 Colt, and 10mm/.40 S&W) or mid-size (Ruger GP-100) revolvers. I find it interesting that many older shooters, probably with more experience and perhaps with grater disposable incomes, elect to carry mid- or large-frame wheelguns. We own the popular (and excellent) autoloaders – Sigs, Glocks, CZs, H&Ks, Kimbers, Springfields, Colts, etc. – and are fully proficient with them, but when we carry to protect our lives, we eventually decide that the ratability, accuracy, and potency of revolvers provides advantages.

I must add that some of this may result form our likely defensive scenarios. We are no longer young law enforcement or military personnel; accordingly, our personal security requirements are not likely to include (to cite one example) confronting the heavily armed drug transporter on a lonely stretch of an Interstate highway at “zero dark thirty”.

Page generated in 0.02796 seconds with 8 queries