View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013, 08:56 AM   #54
deepcreek

Quote:
Quote- Glenn E. Meyer There are ways to strengthen apartment doors. But many folks do live in houses.

If you don't, not my business.
Your standard(95%+ of door in the US) US door is at best a dead bolt going 3/4" to 1.5" into soft pine wood. Most 14yr old kids can kick it in without a sweat. A very large majority of break ins happen with a kick.

I don't know of any way to reenforce(so it would take more then 1 kick) a door like this with out doing hard modification to the door frame or the floor which most landlords would classify as "damage". Would like to hear of any if you got them. Many folks rent houses which have the same "damage" definitions by landlords.

Even when you have a solid door most homes have glass windows and or door which and not very hard to break. Cinder block through the back slider and step right in. Hope you got your... ear muffs.?

I know it is not your "business" but you are telling others only a "breech team" can get in their home in a timely manor which is very false and is creating and perpetuating false and dangerous info.

Last edited by Frank Ettin; June 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Deleted possibly antagonistic comment

Page generated in 0.03753 seconds with 8 queries