View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 10:53 PM   #5
BerdanSS

Thanks! The Austin and Halleck is a pretty interesting rifle. They aren't real common, and when there was this place called Galyans sporting goods ( back before Dick's came in and ruined everything) they sold there for around $380 if I remember right. Shocking fit and quality for the price, and about every fifth one seemed to have a drop dead gorges stock. I snagged that one off of a site call hoosier topics a few years ago for $200 plus about $40 in gas to go pick it up.

The AR15?
Weeeelll... that's a long story there...but basically it's a MK12 Mod. O built on a Mega Machine GTR-3H Billet ambi receiver set, dipped in precision reflex parts. It's got a few things different while maintaining the core MK12 standards. Everything on it is custom, I built the upper and lower completely from parts I individually selected. It's set up for the Ops. Inc 12th sound suppressor, has a rifle gassed 18" Douglass Match grade heavy barrel turned to the SPR contour. It's my AR "to end all ARs" so to speak, I lost all of my ARs a few years ago and this was the restart to a new set. I wanted to build one based off the MK12 Mod O (what I feel is the best AR system ever devised) but with completely hand selected parts.

Last edited by BerdanSS; February 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02473 seconds with 8 queries