View Single Post
Old June 6, 2014, 02:47 PM   #30
Metal god

For LEOs I get why they should have to show they can hit a target at 25yds . They are obligated to respond and have the shield to protect them selves in court . How ever for Joe blow to carry a CCW I see no reason why he should show that he can hit a target at more then 10 yards / 30' .

Why you ask ? Because if I Joe blow shoot a guy more then 30' away I will need to show in court why I felt the need to use deadly force past the 21' rule . Now for shooting 75' away . Sure I do that pretty well just standing there with the perfect stance and hold . Now put some real stress and movement into the equation and there's no way I hit anything smaller then a 3' or 4' area meaning I've got bullets flying all over the place . It's just not realistic to say a guy that can hit a 12" target at 75' will be able to do that in a real world situation . More so The DA will ask Why did you not run or take cover . The bad guy is not likely to hit you either .

I'm not saying all the above is right or how it should be . Just that's how I see it playing out .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.03475 seconds with 8 queries