View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 01:39 AM   #57
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulgary
But for inside the home defense, the handgun rules.
Not necessarily. If I'm in a stationary position, I'd much rather have an AR-15.

If I've got several people trying to break down my front door for a home invasion, I'd MUCH rather be waiting for them with an AR-15.

If I've got my family barricaded up in the master bedroom and we're waiting for the cops because someone broke into our house in the middle of the night, I'd MUCH rather be waiting for them with my AR-15 if they decide to come up the stairs.

I have a family. If some unknown number of people breaks in to my house in the middle of the night, I'm not going to run around my house room-clearing and try to engage them. I'm going to grab my handgun, gather my family, retreat to a safe room, call the cops, and then grab my AR-15 and prepare to shoot anyone who might threaten us before the cops can get here.

An AR-15 is FAR more terminally effective, will penetrate less through walls, and is much easier to shoot fast and accurately.

However there are plenty of times when a rifle isn't nearby and wouldn't be as useful even if it was: If I'm in the kitchen helping my wife make dinner and some meth-head charges in through our screen door, I'll have my handgun right there, ready to use.

A handgun is more handy and portable, is easier to maneuver through tight corners, is usually faster to bring into action, and is far easier to keep either on your body or close by at all times.

They both have their places for home defense.

Page generated in 0.02029 seconds with 8 queries