View Single Post
Old July 17, 2012, 04:52 PM   #8
tkglazie

If someone were buying me a new setup from start to finish I would hope they purchased a Lee Classic Cast Turret for me.

Hey wait, that IS what happened at the start of the year! My lovely wife told me to get whatever I wanted for my 40th and I got a soups to nuts LCT setup. $1000 later I have exactly what I want, from press, stand, dies, ammo boxes, tools, gages, etc. All I needed was components. THAT is a whole different story. The $1000 I spent on hard equipment, storage supplies etc was quickly dwarfed by component costs, but hey, that's the point right? Its when you are buying the components that you really get a sense of the cost savings over factory ammo.

I just loaded rounds 3300-3500 today and could not possibly be happier with the results. Before this year I had never loaded a round and in less than 6 months I am cranking out ammo one complete cartridge at a time (I rarely batch load, whats the point?) that shoots better, costs less and is FAR more rewarding than any factory ammo could ever be.

Page generated in 0.05141 seconds with 8 queries