View Single Post
Old August 21, 2010, 10:46 AM   #22
EricReynolds

There are a lot of variables here, so let me break this down a bit, as my answer would depend on a lot. First, if I found it reasonable to believe that the attacker was alone and I put him down with 2 or 3 rounds, I would not reload. I would keep my weapon aimed at him while I called police or called for someone close by to call police. Second, if I had any reason at all to think there may be more than on assailant, I would take cover and top off before assessing what to do next. As I do this, I call police or ask someone close by to do so. Third, if I'm at work, (armed security) I don't have the option to retreat, but if I'm uncertain if I'm still in harm's way and do have the option to flee, I definitely will. On the other hand, if I feel that the subject might recover and put further lives at stake, a crowded area perhaps, I would stay drawn on the bad guy until police arrive. Also, it was said that these types typically work in pairs or groups. That's a pretty broad statement. A bank robbery maybe, but muggers are usually solo. It's the keystone of the debate right there. I carry a Ruger .40 10+1 and I'm a pretty good shot. I even have Crimson Trace laser grips equipped. I'm putting shots in center mass. I doubt I'll need 11 more rounds after the perp takes 3 .40 cals to the chest. One last bit, a couple people seemed a bit harsh on Skans here. I thought he was very reasonable and I have to say I agree with him 100%

Page generated in 0.02624 seconds with 8 queries