View Single Post
Old July 16, 2001, 01:13 PM   #9
Gunrnr

George,

Widener's is 0 for 3 with me, which is one more chance than I usually give any vendor.

Our first attempt to do business with them was during the '94 Primer Rush. If you recall, there were rumors that the Antis and Klintoon were going to restrict the number of primers anone could possess without an "armory license". My sources had pretty much dried up and my customers were screaming for them, even at the ridiculous prices they were bringing. Widener's advertised primers and refused to honor their printed prices (not even wholesale prices -- RETAIL!). They also required very high minimum orders. They then failed to deliver any primers at all.

Second and third attempts were orders we tried to place on the internet. After much hassle with their site, the order was placed but never filled. After many tries to contact them, they claimed our corporate card was refused. We checked with our issuer, who stated there was no attempt to process.

Sorry, George, but we've been in business for ten years and you sure don't have to twist my arm to sell you something at our asking price. And I damn sure won't lie to you when there's a customer service issue!

That, in addition to the fact that their website is next to useless, their catalog advertises items that they do not carry, and their customer service is an oxymoron.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] by the clean end."
http://nationalgunforum.com/index.php

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries